5 Ways to Uplift Your Website Traffic Without Content Modification
Content is one of the most important factors influencing the website traffic. Marketers who want to improve their website traffic almost always look at ways to change or upgrade their content to get better results. But it doesn’t have to be that way as some strategies allow you to improve traffic without content modification.
In this article, we discuss different ways to improve traffic without replacing, adding to previous content, or creating new content.
- Audit Your Website
You can find many opportunities to improve traffic by just looking at the data generated by your website. The analysis will reveal how many people visit your site, how long they stay, which pages are most successful, etc.
By studying all the information, you can determine where your website can be improved to bring in more traffic. For example, if one particular page draws the most traffic, study it carefully and then determine how you can replicate its effects on other pages of your website.
An audit is always the first step for any website optimization or marketing campaign.
- Merge Content
One of the most effective ways to improve website traffic without creating content is to merge the existing ones. Merging content isn’t a new technique. Many experienced marketers have done it before with great success.
The first step is to find content that is related to one another. You can determine this by first seeking out content that targets the same keywords or has the same anchor words.You can also find articles with topics that go well together. For example, an article with the best SEO tricks for 2019 will be connected to an article with data-driven statistics that influence SEO in 2019.
The first article will likely attract more traffic than the second one. By merging the two articles, you can create a long-form article with more hard facts. Such type of content will rank higher than those two separate articles.
Make sure there’s no content overlap when you merge two similar or complementary articles. It is important to create a smooth flow wherever the two articles merge.
Don’t worry about the length of the content. Long-form content with anywhere between 2,000 to 10,000 words have a high likelihood of ranking high on the SERPs.
- Find Link Building Opportunities
This is one of the best ways to improve traffic inflow to your website. Backlinks are one of the top three most important ranking factors according to Google. Good backlinks from authoritative sources can help you gain more visibility on search engines and more traffic.
There are many ways to gain backlinks without adding to your existing content. Here are some tips on how to accomplish this:
- Search for unlinked mentions of your brand, product, or services. These provide prime opportunities to gain good links.
- Visit the most authoritative websites in your field and find dead links or poor-quality links. You can offer replacement links to the website owners.
- Send out outreach emails mentioning articles with value that have few backlinks. That allows you to utilize content that isn’t performing according to your satisfaction.
- Promote your underperforming content on social media. This will attract more links and also establish a social presence.
Backlinks don’t just provide your website with more traffic, they also help you earn user trust. These links are taken as an endorsement as most websites won’t place links on their platform unless they trust the source.
- Enhance Existing Content
Your old content is a valuable resource. It doesn’t make sense to completely disregard its potential for gaining traffic. You just need to tweak a few things to get the best results. Here’s what you can do:
- Determine Which Keywords You Rank For – There are several tools that can help you determine which keywords you’re ranking for. Creating a list of the top keywords from the list based on what kind of traffic you want to attract.
- Research Those Keywords – Once you have the list, type the keywords into the search bar. This will show you what the SERP looks like for the keywords. Do this for every keyword on your list to get the full picture.
- Look at the Competition – Study the content on all of the links mentioned on the SERP with an unbiased eye. Are those articles better than yours? How are they better? If they’re not better, why are they ranking higher? The answer to this question will help.
- Fill in the Gaps – Once you have identified what your content is missing and how it is lacking, it is easier to fill in the gaps. You don’t need to rewrite anything or republish the article. Make sure the URL remains the same because you might lose your previous traffic if you don’t. Just update the existing article accordingly.
Google will reward websites that optimize and rework their old content by improving their overall rankings.
- Change the Keywords
Many people forget just how fluid SEO is and how the influence of keywords can change from time to time. The keywords that were effective one or two years ago might not be as effective now.
It is always a good idea to take another look at the keywords and determine if they might be causing a dip in traffic. Here’s a look at what you need to do:
- Compile a list of keywords that your content is targeting.
- Research those keywords to see if they are still relevant or popular. You can compare their data with the data from other popular keywords you are not ranking for.
- Determine if the keywords target the user intent. Search has become intent-based since Google introduced RankBrain and its Machine Learning AI.
By adding intent-based keywords to your content, you will make sure your article doesn’t just get more traffic but also offers more user satisfaction.
It is always a good idea to audit and upgrade your content because the SEO landscape changes often. While the ideas mentioned above will help improve traffic by a considerable margin, you still need to maintain a solid content marketing campaign. Google will give high rankings only to a website with the most current and valuable content.
Justin Kemp is working as a Jr. content writer and blogger with Ranking By SEO. He can be seen blogging about digital marketing, SEO, SMO, PPC, etc.
Content is hero now a days.
Thanks so much for sharing this.
A great Article. I m impress. your content is very unique I am going to get all of the benefits now 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
thank you web site admin you article is great
It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing.